In partnership with the Society of Human Resource Management, this course will be offered as a 2 day course.
Human resources incorporates a number of interrelated job functions with a primary mission of recruiting, selecting, and retaining qualified employees who will assist the organization in achieving its goals and objectives. In this course, you will gain the foundational knowledge necessary to help your organization reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, planning to make a career change into an HR position, or performing HR duties as a part of a non-HR job. Recently updated content reflects changes in legislation and provides an overview of HR roles and responsibilities.
- Create a stronger alignment between your organizational and HR goals.
- Build your knowledge of HR practices.
- Apply newly learned HR knowledge to practical activities, similar to those required on the job.
- Plan for ways to transfer the knowledge and skills learned from training to on-the-job tasks.
Learner OutcomesAfter completion of the SHRM Essentials course you will:
- Gain a better understanding of Human Resources issues facing organizations today
- Expand awareness of HR behavioral competencies
- Gain practical expertise to increase job skills
- Increase on-the-job confidence
SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
- New to Human Resources
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities